The homeless that live in our camp have many needs that aren’t just the basic ones listed below. We have encouraged other groups to do outreach while the camp is here, such as mental health outreach, drug and alcohol counseling, STD education and prevention, and even home health care and hospice screening. As well we would like to see more activities for the folks here, like yoga classes, book and reading groups, biking clubs, computer classes, basic English reading and writing tutoring, anything that enriches their lives and promotes a greater sense of community and cultivates confidence and well being. We also encourage any volunteers and local churches to come out and BBQ, play music, and bring their families to spend a couple of hours with our camp residents, which we always enjoy!
* SPRING HAS SPRUNG *
Basic Camp Hope Needs: these tents are just examples, Big 5 has good deals!
- Tents-2, 4, 6 man sizes
- For about the same money we have been spending at WalMart, but a lot better quality !
- Winter Season clothing
- Duck tape
- Heavy duty tent stakes, nylon rope/large silver heavy duty tarps
- Rolls of Mylar/Reflectix
- Batteries (AA, AAA,)
- Flashlights (that use AA/AAA batteries preferred)
- Large black trash bags (15-30gal)
- Toilet paper/ paper towels/ napkins
- Mouse traps/roach and ant traps/fly tape
- Bottled water/Canned meats/fresh fruits/soups/Non-perishable food
- Nutritious Food
- Cooking Supplies (Seasonings, Utensils, etc)
- Coffee(ground/beans/ instant), teas, hot cocoa
- Rakes/tools(hammer-pliers-screwdrivers)/nails- screws/ work gloves
- Charcoal/lighter fluid/
- Dish soap sponges/ wash bins
- Brita water filter jugs/ replacement filters
- Tables, folding garden chairs
- Vitamins and health supplements
- Sunscreen / bug repellent
- Dog and cat food, pet supplies
- Garden supplies:garden soil/seeds or plants/ garden tools/ fertilizer and compost/ garden box materials(to build boxes)/new wheel barrows/new garden hose
- Gravel for camp grounds
We always appreciate monetary donations! Checks must be made out to Mesilla Valley Community of Hope (MVCH) and “Camp Hope” written on the memo line.
You can also contribute directly by using this website: http://www.donationto.com/MVCH4CampHope